Friday, January 21, 2011

Traveling to new heights... with a humble little phrase

I found the cure! I always get so nervous before a job interview and there have been a couple of times were I have fumbled my way through an interview too nervously blabbing about this and that and I was turned down for the offer. If you are one of these types of people, you are going to want to read on ... trust me!

To conquer this weakness of mine, I stumbled upon a grand realization. The interviewer is human just like me, Managerial/CEO title or not, still HUMAN. So to remind myself of this, I came up with an ingenious phrase ... "They poo just like I do". Think about it...

if they poo just like you do, how does that make them any different or superior to you? They still have to perform this act which is a humbling and a lowly state.

Anytime I started to feel somewhat nervous I would say this in my head, and then try to hold back my crackling smile. Needless to say, my little trick worked and I aced two back-to-back interviews this morning and I got the job! Here I come ... watch out.

2 comments:

  1. You got the job?? Oh my gosh! You are such a grownup. This post made me happy... Keep up with the updates on your life, I miss you. A trip this summer IS going to happen. It has to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here here! did you get the job? where are you working now?

    ReplyDelete